Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 155: Petal power.

 This afternoon I went to Centenary Lakes fully intent on taking in some of the wonderful scenery there with this great muted light.  (See I’m being positive about our dull skies of late.)  The lakes’, I’ve just discovered, is another one of those areas in Cairns that keep driving past and forget to call in and explore to reveal its secrets, that I’ve been ignorant too, for far too long.  The water was very calm and this hibiscus flower was floating around, the reflections perfect.  With no wind it quickly changed direction though, so I’m suspecting that maybe a fish might have thought it was good food.  Like the fish, for me, it was too good to pass up.  I’m going to take a punt and say ‘Lakes’ may feature quite a bit in ‘A Year Through the Lens’ it really is a special place.   

No comments:

Post a Comment