Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 209: Bengal Tiger.


Hidden in tropical jungles and rainforests of the exotic south east, and top end; orange stripes flash around in the breeze.  Concealed by lemon and green camouflage of the Canna Plant, the Bengal Tiger stalks.  Waiting….waiting…for its prey to come, for the water to cool its hide….waiting.  Ok, so I’m not talking about the four legged tiger, but a flower; just thought I’d keep you guessing for a little bit.  I love how our fauna world takes on names from the animal kingdom when they have similarities in colour and characteristics.  This Bengal Tiger Canna Flower is orange, and does have stripes; I think that is where the likeness ends.  Besides they are a tad easier to feed, than a real tiger.  So as much as I would love a tiger as a pet, I will settle for this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment