Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 243: Waiting.


Well I thought I would give you an update (From day 233) on our Sunbird that made her nest hanging from our Christmas lights, on the back verandah.  The nest is now fully set and lined with feathers and the eggs are laid.  Now, it is just the waiting game, she comes and sits, and waits.  Phoenix makes sure no predators get near her nest.  This weekend our Sunbird Mum to be has an extra guard dog Cassie to look after her and the eggs.  It’s a beautiful thing to watch Mother Nature at her best.  I’m sure she has the same dreams for her young as any expecting mother.  I guess we will have to play the waiting game with her and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Merry, I'm glad you are enjoying them. It is great fun and still have 119 days to go. :)

    ReplyDelete