Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 346: Grandpa Corn.


 Way back on Day 331 I took a photograph of our corns’ beginnings thinking that was probably as far as it would go.    To my pure amazement it still continues to grow.  That may have something to do with all the water it is obtaining from the sky over the past few weeks.  I hear that helps with the growth and nurture of plants!  Now it has started to form the husk, which reminds me of Grandpa’s beard; protecting the face so nothing can get in to damage the skin.   This may actually be the first time I’ve actually grown something – you could knock me over with a feather in amazement.  At the moment, I think I will cherish this because it is not too likely to happen again in the near future.  Then again this could be the start of something new.  Oh my poor husband another new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment