Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 354: Wonderland.


I thought I may have fallen down the hole Alice did to reach Wonderland today, as I stepped into the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, in Kuranda.  Through the wooden doors came a sea of blue, green, red and orange wings fluttering around me, and one even landed on my shoulder.  It was a very surreal experience.    My David Attenborough goal was to get a photo of the electric blue Ulysses, or Cairns Birdwing butterfly, both with amazing colours and huge.  Let me just say these girls/guys are fast or I’m just old maybe that is the case.  I did get a couple of shots after quite some time, but it was the Orange Lacewing butterflies that won out today.    They too are natives of the north and tough cookies (as you can see, active too).  Butterflies have a very short life span so I guess you have to live it to the fullest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment